Problem syncing to Netapp (rsync: failed to set times on...)

Joachim Otahal (privat) Jou at gmx.net
Mon Apr 9 16:11:41 MDT 2012

Stier, Matthew schrieb:
> But the timestamp would not.

Be careful with that, I had cases where picture editors kept the
timestamps even if they did change the content. Only atime was changed,
mtime stayed. The affected users had the option selected in the program
(they thought of it as a speed up option), once it was changed it was
the way it should. So I run -c weekly and check how many are
transferred. Sometimes surprises come up.

Joachim