Problem syncing to Netapp (rsync: failed to set times on...)

Joachim Otahal (privat) Jou at gmx.net
Mon Apr 9 14:46:09 MDT 2012

PS: Another (ugly) workaround: Use two linux boxes, place then both on
each side of the slow line. One side having the NAS mounted + running
rsync server, the other having the netapp mounted.
Then sync between those two linux boxes. Even if you have to use -c or
--ignore-times the "full read just for checksum" would only happen in
the LAN of each networks while the slow line has only the burden of the
checksums and actual transfers.

Joachim