rsync command for multi files and dirs from remote server

Noah noah-list at enabled.com
Sun Sep 18 20:53:43 MDT 2011

Hi there,

okay so I have a port knocker installed on my remote server so I am
trying to bundle a bunch of directories in a single ssh session that
rsync establishes.  so far all the rsync examples I have seen require a
new ssh session for each directory.

is there anyway to get something like this into one line and therefore
one ssh session.  Clues on this?

--- snip ---

/usr/bin/rsync -avrz --human-readable --progress --update --perms
--ignore-existing -e 'ssh -p <port> -o ServerAliveInterval=10' --delete
--relative root@<hostname.net>:/etc '/shares/internal/<dir>/'
/usr/bin/rsync -avrz --human-readable --progress --update --perms
--ignore-existing -e 'ssh -p <port> -o ServerAliveInterval=10' --delete
--relative root@<hostname.net>:/root '/shares/internal/<dir>/'

--- snip ---

Cheers,

Noah