Is it possible to be on the rsync list without getting all the samba bugs?

Brian K. White brian at aljex.com
Thu Sep 15 12:45:47 MDT 2011

On 9/15/2011 1:17 PM, Alexander Dahl wrote:
> Hei hei,
>
> Am 08.09.2011 07:09, schrieb Michael_google gmail_Gersten:
>> When I signed up for the rsync mailing list, I was not expecting to
>> get all the samba bugs as well.
>
> Me too.
>
>> Is it possible to be on just the rsync mailing list, without being on
>> the bug report list as well?
>
> I would also prefer this. O:-)
>
> Greets
> Alex

I am subscribed to rsync at lists.samba.org and I don't see any samba
messages. I get messages that sometimes say they come from
"samba-bugs at samba.org" but they are always only rsync messages. If you
go to the linked bugzilla, the Product: field is rsync not samba, and of
course the content of the message is plainly about rsync.

What's the problem? Are you looking for more of an "rsync-users" list
without being interested in bugs or new features in rsync? I don't think
that exists because certainly bugs get reported and discussed on
rsync at samba.org as well. They are a usage issue like any other, and
require knowing about as a user even if only to avoid them or
work-around them and know which versions have them and don't have them.

--
bkw