rsync and encryption

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 13:55:31 MDT 2011

>>  Which operating system are you running on the system which currently has your personal documents?
>>

> Ubuntu/Debian

Do you know if there is a virtual file system encryption system which breaks the data into bands? I know that Mac OS X has support for breaking an encrypted disk image into bands (eg 8MB each). However, I am not sure about for LINUX. I have looked at TrueCrypt but was unable to see such an option when I last checked.

If you are able to break the virtual file system into bands then keeping this in sync on a remote server is far easier.

The link below has details regarding this and with a few changes it would work on a LINUX system.

http://www.lbackup.org/synchronizing_disk_images_between_machines