With rsync --link-dest, is it possible to determine which files are new?

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Sat Oct 22 21:03:21 MDT 2011

On 10/22/2011 04:04 PM, Ido Magal wrote:
> 'find' on the droboFS doesn't support '-links' so I had to get
> creative. And apparently perl has issues on it as well.
>
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 08:02, Eric Shubert<ejs at shubes.net>  wrote:
>

>> # find /backup/dir -type f -links 1
>> ?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with droboFS. So I checked it out a bit.

 From the looks if things, droboFS may not (from their web site)
"deliver the best file sharing experience ever". I certainly wouldn't
trust my data to "BeyondRAID" technology alone (give me software Raid-10
any day). You're wise to be doing backups of the thing. Good luck with it.

--
-Eric 'shubes'