rw-devices patch for rsyncing block devices

Heiko Schlittermann hs at schlittermann.de
Mon Nov 28 02:32:34 MST 2011

Václav Ovsík <vaclav.ovsik at i.cz> (Mo 28 Nov 2011 10:05:58 CET):
> Hi,
> I rebased rw-devices patch for rsync last weekend. Seems to me it works
…
> I think a group of users want to use rsync to copy disk images.

For those (@Linux) who can't wait: I wrote a small script mapping a
block device via FUSE into something looking like an ordinary file,
which in turn can be rsynced (as source). (If necessesary the same for
the receiving side should be possible too.)

    https://hg.schlittermann.de/hg/blockfuse

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B