Re: Rsync "file too large (27)"

DALJIT TAMANA, BLOOMBERG/ LONDON dtamana2 at bloomberg.net
Fri May 27 08:49:28 MDT 2011

When I got this error, I was still able to manually copy the
file. When rsync was re-run, it was fine ( nothing to copy ).
This particular file was 29gb in size at the time.

---- Original Message From: Scott Wiersdorf <scott at ipartner.net> At:  5/27 13:58:38
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 08:19:36AM -0400, DALJIT TAMANA, BLOOMBERG/ LONDON wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting the following error occasional and can't find out why;
>
> 05/14/2011 09:28:51     rsyncing /dbtmp to /dbtmp.new (1st pass) ....
> rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
> rsync: write failed on "/dbtmp.new/file.dmp": File too large (27)

This message is from your operating system (EFBIG); you've probably
hit the limits of what your file system can handle, as set by
setrlimit (check RLIMIT_FSIZE).  Alternatively, I can imagine syncing
to a different filesystem and then remounting it or something...

Scott
--
Scott Wiersdorf
scott at ipartner.net