Bandwidth at runtime

Piermarco Pascale piermarco.pascale at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:29:33 MDT 2011

Hi,

I need to set the bandwidth of rsync at runtime depending on the amount of
bytes I have to transfer from a remote server. I'd like to start rsync with
the bwlimit option and then let rsync change this limit on runtime if the
amount of size is too big (for my requirements).

My first idea was to modify the bwlimit variable into io.c reading
"stat.total_size" and adding a conditional control, but it doesn't work.

If I set the bwlimit equal to a constant it works, but it's usless for me.
I'm using the 3.0.7 version.

Thanks.