rsync out of memory in flist_expand

Christophe Lyon christophe.lyon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:51:47 MDT 2011

>> It ends with:
>> rsync: connection unexpectedly closed
>
> See the issues and debugging page for lots of hints about what that means
> and how to go about debugging it.
Thanks for the hint. However, I couldn't use the --rsync-path option:
there is no error message, but the option is not taken into account.
I have copied the rsync-debug script, and it isn't called. I tried to
provide an invalid path, and there was still no error.

Maybe it is because the remote machine is also the local one?

> One new thing in 3.1.0dev is the --msgs2stderr option, which tells rsync to
> output all its messages to stderr (even remote ones) instead of trying to
> send them via the protocol.
With this option, the behavior (seems to) change: after a few seconds,
rsync keeps printing
[generator] make_file(usr/bin/head,*,2)
for several minutes at least (until I stop it)

What could make the generator loop over the same file?

Thanks