Rsync with SSH through Verizon FIOS Firewall

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunky.net
Tue Jul 19 18:49:23 MDT 2011

On 07/19/2011 08:27 PM, John Scanlan wrote:
> Hello there everyone.  I'm trying to set up a server that will "push"
> via rsync every night to a server in my home.  The verizon firewall is
> quite robust, and it makes connecting a bit tricky.  Does anyone have
> any tips on how I might set this up?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --john

Hi,

Well, your problem description was kind of vague/short. So I'm not
completely sure what you want.

If you have hardly any control of a firewall in between and going to use
rsync and ssh anyway, you could instead also try initiating the
connection from the server in your home.

Have a nice day,
    Leen.