Is it possible to set max file size on target?

Harrison Mak harrison.mak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:40:17 MDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to prevent files larger than a certain size to be backed-up on my
server.

rsync has an option --max-size that lets you control the file transfer size.
 However, this can be changed by the client.

I was wondering if this option can be set on the server side, so that I can
be sure my server won't accept files that do not meet the size requirement.

I've checked both the rsync and rsyncd man pages and archives so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.