How to use rsync when filenames contain double quotes?

Scott Wiersdorf scott at ipartner.net
Sat Jan 29 18:03:03 MST 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 01:15:22AM +0100, Walrus Foolhill wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. I am using rsync version 3.0.7 protocol 30 on Ubuntu
> 10.04 Lynx Lucid to synchronize the content of my Samsung laptop with an
> external hard-drive from Western Digital. Both hard-drives don't seem to
> have the same filesystem type (ext3 versus vfat): can it be due to this?
> Should I reformat my external hard-drive in ext3?

Someone else on the list may have more knowledge about that; you might
try searching the archives for vfat info.

In the meantime, you might also try syncing your files to another
directory on the same volume or a directory on a remote filesystem; it
may help you confirm your suspicions about the target filesystem.

Scott
--
Scott Wiersdorf
scott at ipartner.net