How to use rsync when filenames contain double quotes?

Walrus Foolhill walrus.foolhill at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 03:48:27 MST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to synchronize the content of the directory my_dir/ from /home
to /backup. This directory contains a file which name has a double quote in
it, such as to"to. Here is my rsync command:

rync -Cazh /home/my_dir/ /backup/my_dir/

And I get the following message:

rsync: mkstemp "/backup/my_dir/.to"to.d93PZr" failed: Invalid argument (22)

For info, rsync works well when the synchronized filenames contain single
quote, parenthesis and space. Thus, why is it bugging with a double quote?
Thanks for any help.

Walrus

ps: I posted this question on SuperUser
(here<http://superuser.com/questions/239154/how-to-use-rsync-when-filenames-contain-double-quotes>)
but didn't get useful advice. That's why I send this on the rsync mailing
list.