MacOS and Extended Attributes

David Allie david.allie at usa.net
Sat Jan 1 10:18:22 MST 2011

Mike,

I've tried your commands at www.bombich.com/rsync.html and found that I get errors with two lines:

curl -o patches/crtimes-64bit.diff https://bugzilla.samba.org/attachment.cgi?id=5288
curl -o patches/crtimes-hfs+.diff https://bugzilla.samba.org/attachment.cgi?id=5966

I'm running 10.6.5 and when I run curl -V, I get:

curl 7.19.7 (i386-apple-darwin10.2.0) libcurl/7.19.7 zlib/1.2.3
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file
Features: Largefile libz

I found that I can manually go to the two https addresses in Safari and paste the contents into the corresponding .diff files using pico, but I'd like to automate the entire process into a script. ANY IDEA on why the curl command isn't working for me with those two lines?

Thanks,

David Allie
Allied CompuTech