delta transfer problem

Angeloni Remo angeloni at nurc.nato.int
Fri Aug 19 02:08:18 MDT 2011

Hello everyone,

this is my first email and I hope I do not say stupid things:)

I'm trying to synchronize two folders on two different servers via a
satellite link (rsync can be useful for its properties) only that I have a
problem, some files are updated on the source, but rsync transfers the
entire file on the target, not the differences.

This is' the configuration:

- Source: rsync 2.6.8 x64 Centos 5.x
- Target: x64 Ubuntu 10.04 rsync 3.0.7

The file to be transferred every 3 hours will be deleted, recreated with the
new size but with the same name and extension.

This is my command:

..> Rsync - aiuvz-P - log-file = (somewhere) - no-whole-file - size-only -
chmod = xxxxxx-source / dest /

By running this command, the file is created in part of the same size as the
original file transferring the entire file.

Can you tell me why rsync does not intervene on those files? Incompatibility
'between versions?

Thank you in advance for your possible help

Remo Angeloni

*** PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL ***
The information contained in this e-mail message (including any attached files)
is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and is privileged information.
The information should neither be posted to the Internet, nor published in any
other public domain, without the express permission of the sender. If you are
not the intended recipient(s) or the recipient's representative, you are hereby
notified that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication
is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us
immediately at postmaster at nurc.nato.int and remove this message from
your system.