Permission denied (13)

Juan Pablo Segundo lexinder at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:17:22 MDT 2011

Hello!

I've been trying to do backups with rsync. I want to do the backup into a
NAS (LG Network Storage N2B1/N2R1). I start mounting the NAS in my Ubuntu
Server 10.04 via cifs, and the /home from my Ubuntu's machines via nfs. This
script executes in the server's crontab, with root permissions.

My rsync script is like:

    rsync $OPTIONS $QUE $DONDE/$INCREMENTDIR

where:

    OPTIONS="--force --ignore-errors --delete --delete-excluded
--exclude-from=$EXCLUDES --backup --backup-dir=$DONDE -vrbpoglDLH"
    EXCLUDES=/etc/backup.conf     (*.iso .*)
    QUE=/home/user/mnt/client/
    DONDE=/home/user/mnt/NAS/
    INCREMENTDIR=`date +%Y-%m`

I'm having troubles with the permissions of some files.

    rsync: send_files failed to open
"/home/txerif/mnt/lexinder-fg/Escritorio/rsyncprueba/Escritorio/LGNASAppLinux":
<u>Permission denied (13)</u>
    rsync: opendir
"/home/txerif/mnt/lexinder-fg/Escritorio/rsyncprueba/Escritorio/rsyncprueba/Descargas"
failed: <u>Permission denied (13)</u>
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
<u>(code 23)</u> at main.c(1060) [sender=3.0.7]

I've tried everything that I found in Google, like changing the name of the
troubled files, giving them more permissions, adding/removing some rsync
options...

We would be very thankful if somebody could throw some light at this.

Thank you in advance.