Old FreeBSD4.11 build.

Jonathan Call jcall at verio.net
Tue Sep 21 13:23:31 MDT 2010

I'm trying to get an old FreeBSD 4.11 server to talk to a newer FreeBSD
7 server that is running rsync 3.0.4 but I am running into an error with
extended file attributes:

Basic steps:

Applied the fileflags patch per the instructions:
patch -p1 <patches/fileflags.diff
./prepare-source

Ran the following configure line:
./configure --with-included-popt --disable-iconv
--with-rsyncd-conf=/usr/local/etc/rsyncd.conf CFLAGS="-static"
--enable-xattr-support

The output seems somewhat normal for configure:
checking attr/xattr.h usability... no
checking attr/xattr.h presence... no
checking for attr/xattr.h... no
checking sys/xattr.h usability... no
checking sys/xattr.h presence... no
checking for sys/xattr.h... no
checking sys/extattr.h usability... yes
checking sys/extattr.h presence... yes
checking for sys/extattr.h... yes
checking whether to support extended attributes... Using FreeBSD
extattrs

I then run make where I get the following error:
gcc -I. -I. -static -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt  -c
lib/pool_alloc.c -o lib/pool_alloc.o
gcc -I. -I. -static -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt  -c lib/sysacls.c
-o lib/sysacls.o
gcc -I. -I. -static -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt  -c
lib/sysxattrs.c -o lib/sysxattrs.o
lib/sysxattrs.c: In function `sys_lgetxattr':
lib/sysxattrs.c:85: warning: implicit declaration of function
`extattr_get_link'
lib/sysxattrs.c:85: `EXTATTR_NAMESPACE_USER' undeclared (first use in
this function)
lib/sysxattrs.c:85: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
lib/sysxattrs.c:85: for each function it appears in.)
lib/sysxattrs.c: In function `sys_fgetxattr':
lib/sysxattrs.c:90: warning: implicit declaration of function
`extattr_get_fd'
lib/sysxattrs.c:90: `EXTATTR_NAMESPACE_USER' undeclared (first use in
this function)
lib/sysxattrs.c: In function `sys_lsetxattr':
lib/sysxattrs.c:95: warning: implicit declaration of function
`extattr_set_link'
lib/sysxattrs.c:95: `EXTATTR_NAMESPACE_USER' undeclared (first use in
this function)
lib/sysxattrs.c: In function `sys_lremovexattr':
lib/sysxattrs.c:100: warning: implicit declaration of function
`extattr_delete_link'
lib/sysxattrs.c:100: `EXTATTR_NAMESPACE_USER' undeclared (first use in
this function)
lib/sysxattrs.c: In function `sys_llistxattr':
lib/sysxattrs.c:106: warning: implicit declaration of function
`extattr_list_link'
lib/sysxattrs.c:106: `EXTATTR_NAMESPACE_USER' undeclared (first use in
this function)
*** Error code 1

Any ideas?

Jonathan

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio, Inc. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.