Multiple wildcards in source

Alex Cartwright alexc223 at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 29 09:00:07 MDT 2010

Hi there,

We have a directory structure such as:

"/home/foobar/domains/example.com/public"
"/home/cake/domains/mydomain.org/public"

I need to use a single rsync command to sync "/home/*/domains/*" to another
directory, but I'm really struggling on how to do this.

rsync -arv '/home/*/domains/*' ~/
rsync: change_dir "/home/*/domains" failed: No such file or directory (2)

I've been looking at doing it another way, using something mad such as:

rsync -arv --exclude='*' --include='*/domains/*' home ~/

But this still copies every file under /home

Is this possible to do?

Regards
Alex Cartwright