include-from or files-from

ml ml mliebherr99 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 25 02:18:01 MDT 2010

Hello,

it seems it does not transfer my files recursively:

My Files and Folders:

mario at mario-laptop:~/foo2$ find .
.
./include.txt
./file-also-included
./path
./path/this-file-is-found
./some

My rsync command: rsync -avnz --recursive --include-from="include.txt" * bar

cat include.txt
+ /some/
+ /some/path/
+ /some/path/this-file-is-found
+ /file-also-included
- *

rsync -avnz --recursive --include-from="include.txt" * bar
sending incremental file list
created directory bar
file-also-included
some/

sent 89 bytes  received 19 bytes  216.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00 (DRY RUN)

Why does it not transfer the files recursively?

Cheers,
Mario