Excluding most and including some problems continue.

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Oct 1 08:54:58 MDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Ian Skinner <iskinner at cdpr.ca.gov> wrote:

> Unfortunately there are some subdirectories in some of these selected
> */htdocs/docs* directories that are unintentionally being excluded by these
> rules.  I.E. */export/home/enf/htdocs/docs/county/internal/*.

It is usually best to anchor your matching terms, unless you want a term to
float and match anywhere.  In an .rsync-filter file, terms that start with a
slash are anchored in that file's directory.  You can also use a wildcard
for all the subdir excusions.  For example:

> + /das

> + /em

> + /enf

> + /internal

> + /itb

> + /medtox

> + /pml

> + /psb

> + /reg

> + /whs

> - /*

+ /*/htdocs
- /*/*

+ /*/htdocs/docs

> - /*/htdocs/*

Another alternative is to sprinkle .rsync-filter files throughout your
hierarchy with localized rules for that part of the hierarchy, but the above
should do what you want.