rsync give option mkdir -p

Lloyd Standish lloyd at crnatural.net
Thu Mar 25 19:10:06 MDT 2010

Alex, to create directories for a series of backups and other backup administration tasks, I think you should consider using a backup program or shell script - there are several.  I am author of one, called "snap2."  It uses rsync as backup "engine."  You have find it here: http://www.linuxbackups.org.  It includes a GUI for easy configuration of desktop backups to local or remote media, or it can be used without the GUI to backup a server.