Ignore files gone missing.

Bill Campbell rsync at celestial.com
Mon Mar 22 11:18:55 MDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010, Henri Shustak wrote:

>> Is there a way to have rsync not treat files that have gone
>> missing (e.g. Maildir messages that have been removed) as errors
>> while indicating I/O errors and such?
>
>http://www.samba.org/rsync/FAQ.html#10

I saw that, but am really looking for a simple way to specify
that some directories are volatile where missing files are normal
while considering other missing files real errors.

Perhaps something like .rsync-filter could do this per directory?

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

... the State throughout history has been essentially an organization of
a segment of the population that forsakes peaceful economic activity
to constitute itself as a ruling class. This class makes its living
parasitically by establishing a permanent hegemonic or political
relationship between itself and the productive members of the
population. -- Murray N Rothbard History of Money and Banking