Backup to NTFS USB drive --compare-dest not working

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 19:49:38 MDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 01:03 +0100, Sergey Shatokhin wrote:
> When I'm running "rsync --compare-dest" on a local Linux volume (ext4)
> it works as expected (duplicate files not created) however when same
> commands with same options are run on NTFS USB drive (in my scenario
> below mounted to /share/external/sdt5) all the files are copied
> regardless if they have been updated or not.

	hi,
Normally, the -a option can be used to perfectly mirror the files.
However, if the target filesystem does not support permissions, a
different set of options should be used to avoid warnings from rsync. To
synchronize data to a USB drive with a FAT filesystem, I use the -rlt
options.
	bye,
	nomnex