Is this possible

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Sun Jul 25 16:01:58 MDT 2010

I have a directory we'll call Books which contains in it the ebooks that I have.

A file name will be:

Verne, Jules - The Voyages and Adventures of Captain Hatteras.epub
Twain, Mark - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.epub

If I've gotten around to standardising it's name

I have another directory, dirB where I dump ebooks that I happen to get.

What I want to do is sync files from dirB to Books, but I want to exclude files whose names are 'close' to the names that already exist in Books.

So, a file named "Huckleberry Finn" would not be copied, nor would a file named "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.pdf"

I'm thinking there might be a way to do this with rsync, but how?

Would I be better off trying to unzip the epubs (they are mostly epubs) and pull the docTitle from the toc file?

Has anyone done anything like this already?

I am doing it manually, but it is tedious and I still manage to get duplicates.

--
Dinosaurs are attacking! Throw a barrel!