First Time Using Rsync

Carlos Mennens carlos.mennens at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 06:42:49 MDT 2010

I did a search on the web and there are so many different methods /
variations of using this powerful tool. My question for you guys is
very simple and I would like to hear from people on the list who use
this daily what the best command would be to transfer all data from
one server (srv_old) to my newly build server (srv_new)?

I have one directory "/home" which contains everyone's mailbox & email
which I want to rsync from 'srv_old' to 'srv_new'. I am just looking
for the fastest and most secure method of doing something like this:

rsync -avz ssh /home/ root at srv_new:/home

Thanks for any help!