Problem backing up read-only files

Alex Ferrara alex at receptiveit.com.au
Thu Jul 22 19:34:24 MDT 2010

Hi Gary,

It looks like the problem occurs after rsync has transferred the file and is renaming the temporary file to the actual name. I am guessing that the HP media vault has Samba running on it, and it is actually denying access.

As a long show, you could try --inplace, which will mean rsync does not need to rename the file.

aF