source-filter_dest-filter patch and --no-whole-file

David Overton david at overtons.id.au
Wed Feb 24 18:36:39 MST 2010

Hi,

I am looking at using the source-filter_dest-filter patch with rsync
3.0.7.  The patch sets the --whole-file option (i.e. disables the
rsync algorithm) when either --source-filter or --dest-filter are
given.  I can't see any reason why these new features won't work with
--no-whole-file.  I tried commenting out the code in options.c that
sets --whole-file and it seemed to work ok.

Does anyone know why the --whole-file requirement was added to this
patch, and what I might need to watch out for if I remove it?

David