directory synchronization

Vahid Moghaddasi vahid.moghaddasi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 09:06:30 MST 2010

Hi all,

I can’t seem to get this working. I need synchronize the files from a remote
directory to a local, and then delete the files on the remote after getting
them to local.

This is what I did that does not delete anything on any of the servers:

rsync --rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync -v -t –r –delete -e /bin/ssh
/report/today user at server01:/report/*.rpt

I also used --delete-before, --delete-after, --delete-during, etc.. but same
result, files stay intact and nothing gets deleted.

Thank you,