Error 11: can not backup /var/lib/zope2.9

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Mon Feb 8 14:20:04 MST 2010

On Sunday 07 February 2010, you wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 19:31 +0100, Michael Renner wrote:

Moin Matt, thanks for your answer,

> > I wrote a small backup script that use rsync: r5backup
> > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/r5backup/). It backup dozen of unix
> > machines for many people.
> > But when I try to backup /var/lib/zope2.9 I get an error 11. It does not
> > matter if zope is running or not.

[...]

> > get_local_name count=8387 /space/r5backup/boulder/1265202994//var/lib
> > _exit_cleanup(code=11, file=main.c, line=594): about to call exit(11)
>
> It looks like you have captured only the stdout of rsync and not the
> stderr.  (It's extremely unlikely that rsync would get through
> exit_cleanup without printing messages other than those seen above to
> stderr.)  Be sure to redirect stderr along with stdout, or use rsync's
> --log-file option.

with your hint I found an error in my script that only occur, when the
directory depth was three or more: the target directory was not created in a
correct way. By making this revision I implemented the --log-file statement.

Thanks
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-81541 Munich      Germany        ICQ: #112280325 |