Latency and Rsync Transfers

Christopher Hawkins chawkins at bplinux.com
Mon Feb 1 11:14:23 MST 2010

Hi fellas -

Just my 2 cents here. I experimented with this also a while back and with:
socket options = SO_SNDBUF=65536,SO_RCVBUF=65536

in my rsyncd.conf on the server side, and:
--sockopts=SO_SNDBUF=65536,SO_RCVBUF=65536

as a part of my rsync command line on the client, I get almost 2x the throughput on local gig ethernet. It was a huge improvment...

Chris