MacOS and Extended Attributes

Benjamin ANDRE mail1 at sonadresse.com
Wed Dec 29 12:08:20 MST 2010

Hello Mike and Dave,

Thank you Mike for your instruction for compiling rsync with a few Mac OS
X-specific patches.
@Dave : I followed them and it worked for me on my mac os X (10.6.5), even
with -a and -x options.

But I also need to use rsync with --detect-renamed option. This option is in
the patch "detect-renamed.diff". But if I add this patch the compilation
fails :
  gcc -std=gnu99 -I. -I. -m32 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt -m32 -c
compat.c -o compat.o
  compat.c: In function 'set_allow_inc_recurse':
  compat.c:128: error: 'detect_renamed' undeclared (first use in this
function)
  compat.c:128: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
  compat.c:128: error: for each function it appears in.)
  make: *** [compat.o] Error 1

Have you any idea about this kind of problem ?
I already sent a mail on the mailing list about this with more details (
http://www.mail-archive.com/rsync@lists.samba.org/msg26606.html ).

Thank you anyway !

Ben