MacOS and Extended Attributes

David Emery emery at grebyn.com
Tue Dec 28 12:49:55 MST 2010

I'm just starting with rsync().  I grabbed the 3.0.7 source and built it on Mac OS X.6.5 (./configure and ./make reported no problems.)  When I try running with -X or -A, I get the following error messages:
	rsync: unpack_smb_acl: sys_acl_get_info(): Unknown error: 0 (0)
	rsync: unpack_smb_acl: sys_acl_get_info(): Unknown error: 0 (0)
A quick look at the buglist didn't reveal anything to me, so I don't know if this is a known problem.  (If so I apologize, and ask if there's a workaround.)

Not using -X or -A does work as expected.

		dave