How to obtain the both rsync progress ?

Honoré Antoine antxxx971 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 08:06:25 MST 2010

Hello,

I'm a French Student in for my project a need to use Rsync for a backup
solution and I have a problem.

I need to pick up the both RSYNC progress in same time, the  classic
progress "files to files" ( with the option "--info=progress" ) and  the
overall RSYNC progress with the option "--info=progress2".

I want to know if is possible to obtain this both progress to the
--stdout of shell.

My goal is to redirect and parsing this progress for used this values in
a dialog gauge.

I want to produce two gauges : One for the "files to files" progress
state and the second for the "overall" progress state.

I think there are two ways :

The first : A option --info=progress3 who generate the both progress but
it will be not readable and not easy for parsing.

Or

The second : One of the both in backdoor whith a implicite generation (
redirect > /dev/null i don't know :D )

If there are a solution i am very interessting.

Cheers,

My email : ( antxxx971 at gmail.com or ant.honore at orange.fr )
Antoine Honoré
15 avenue Jules Ferri