strange behavier after finished backup

baleareninsel at gmx.net baleareninsel at gmx.net
Fri Aug 20 03:47:28 MDT 2010

Hola,

new to the list and maybe having problems with english I ask for a friendly and a not too difficult answer.

Using Windows 7 Pro,
D-link DNS-323 NAS-Storage
rSync: actual Version (just downloaded)

Here is the stange behavier:
I use
rsync.exe -a -v --progress --delete --ignore-errors --force /cygdrive/N/ /cygdrive/ "//SPEICHER/Volume_1/Backup/10-er/D$/"

So I want to backup the drive "N" from the Windows-Computer to //SPEICHER/Volume_1/Backup/10-er/D$/ on the NAS-Drive

That works fine until all files are copied from "N" to //SPEICHER/Volume_1/Backup/10-er/D$/

After finishing that rSync starts to coppy ALL Drives (c:,D:,E:,...) from the Windows system to the NAS-Drive //SPEICHER/Volume_1/Backup/10-er/D$/ which is, of course not, what I want :(

Well knowing, that the mistakeis mostly sitting in front of the screen, I ask your experianced eyes, if you see my mistake or have a helpfull idea.

Thanks and - sorry - for making mistakes with my english

Horst

Horst Peters
C./Ladera 22-2
E-07750 Cala Galdana