Rsync on a single server

Legionnaire1 michael at ithinkdevelopment.com
Tue Apr 27 20:48:38 MDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm new to rsync but I get the gist of what has to be done to create backups
from a server to a client. My particular need though is to copy new/changed
files and mysql database from one filesystem on a server to another
filesystem on the same server. Basically I have 7 domains on a dedicated
vps, all with exclusive ips. One domain is the master domain and the files
and database need to be transferred to the other domains on a regular basis.
Site mirroring on a single server. I was told rsync would handle this but so
far I haven't been able to figure out how. Any help would be greatly
appreciated as I'm already past deadline on this.

Thanks much!

Michael