Mac OS X "rsync: unpack_smb_acl: sys_acl_get_info(): Unknown error: 0 (0)"

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 23:02:27 MDT 2010

I have further information regarding the version and the way rsync on these systems was compiled. Installation and compilation was performed by using the following instructions : <http://www.bombich.com/mactips/rsync.html>

I have reproduced this issue (no file path reported) with rsync 3.0.7.

Please note that these compilation instructions include two rsync patches being applied :
  - fileflags
  - crtimes

However, I have reproduced this issue (no file path reported) with rsync 3.0.7 even when the patches are not applied.

If you do not pass rsync the "-A" flag then this problem is not reported because it is not attempting to preserve ACLs.

If further information is required about this issue is required then please let me know.

Any ideas, suggestions or assistance would be most welcomed. Is this (no file path reported) a bug within rsync?