Mac OS X "rsync: unpack_smb_acl: sys_acl_get_info(): Unknown error: 0 (0)"

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 17:12:15 MDT 2010

I am a developer on the LBackup project.

An LBackup user recently posted a question to the mailing list asking about the following error.

> "rsync: unpack_smb_acl: sys_acl_get_info(): Unknown error: 0 (0)"

Link to thread : <http://www.mail-archive.com/lbackup-discussion@lists.connect.homeunix.com/msg00040.html>

My understanding of this error is that when copying files via the network from a source system to the local system there is no local user matching the source user.

Is it possible to place a feature request to have the error reported by rsync also list the path to the problematic file / directory.

I may be misunderstanding the error. Any confirmation on my understanding would also be helpful.

Thank you.