osx 10.6 strange rsync errors

Robert DuToit rdutoit at comcast.net
Sun Apr 4 16:57:48 MDT 2010

Hi Eric et al,

It seems this is not an rsync problem though I am not sure....

The same thing happens with the Apple supplied rsync  as with 3.0.7 (someone emailed me about the same problem using the old apple supplied rsync) and I wonder if other file transfer options might have similar results.

I am still mystified about the cause of this except that it started with the latest OS update. Perhaps having to do with security "enhancements?"

This is a big problem as administrators have been using rysnc to sync their network machines and everything is failing suddenly.

Any one else have a clue?

Rob