rsync file corruption when destination is a SAN LUN (Solaris 9 & 10)

David Schoen dave at lyte.id.au
Tue Oct 13 03:01:36 MDT 2009

rsync definitely works on sans with Solaris 9/10. I've used it that
way very intensively, both remotely to and from the san via ssh and
also local disks to san and san to local disks.

Are you sure something else isn't modifying your files in the mean time?

Run something like:
find /path/to/files -ls > /tmp/post_first
immediately after the first rsync run and immediately before the second:
find /path/to/files -ls > /tmp/pre_second

diff /tmp/{post_first,pre_second}

Get any output?

Cheers,
Dave