exit status 13 in version 3.1

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Fri Nov 6 19:00:34 MST 2009

Matt McCutchen (matt at mattmccutchen.net) wrote on 4 November 2009 23:05:
 >On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 08:39 -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
 >> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Matt McCutchen
 >> <matt at mattmccutchen.net> wrote:
 >>         rsync error: errors with program diagnostics (code 13) at
 >>         log.c(340) [sender=3.1.0dev]
 >>
 >> This means that you didn't update recently.  Sadly, it appears my
 >> reply mentioning that I fixed the problem only went to Carlos, and
 >> missed the list.  Here it is:

I should have replyed to Matt's message mentioning Wayne's patch but
I've been quite busy and didn't have time to deal with the rsync list
this week. I apologize for that, particularly because Matt has always
been very responsive to my many questions.

[removed]
 >With commit 84c11e85a4c4a12ecacba24afe9617222e4361e6, I get different
 >output, but still not the desired "No space left on device":

Fortunately Matt's work ended up being useful because it provides a
precise test case that is much more thorough than my report.