rsync-3.0.6 prints file list generation time wrong ???

Jignesh Shah jignesh.shah1980 at gmail.com
Sat May 30 17:23:24 GMT 2009

Big thanks Wayne, then could you tell me what the while loop in
flist.c::send_file_list does between calculation of file generation time
(given below)? The while loop generates the complete flist. Isn't it?

       gettimeofday(&start_tv, NULL);
      .
      .
       while (1) {
                 Generates the file list....
        }
        .
        .
        gettimeofday(&end_tv, NULL);
        stats.flist_buildtime = (int64)(end_tv.tv_sec - start_tv.tv_sec) *
1000
                              + (end_tv.tv_usec - start_tv.tv_usec) / 1000;
        if (stats.flist_buildtime == 0)
                stats.flist_buildtime = 1;

Is there any way I can find out how much time rsync spends in complete file
list generation?

Jignesh.