Does rsync detect file corruption?

Christian Hecht mortaxx at gmx.de
Sun May 24 14:31:46 GMT 2009

This can minimize the risk, but if you don't need the corrupted file
actually, you can't detect that it is corrupted.

The corrupted file will be copied to a newer backup folder.

If you delete the old backups due to rotation, at any time the backup
is worthless because it only contains the corrupted copy.

So some mechanism is needed to detect  corrupted files before copying
to the backup.

Best regards
Christian