Does rsync detect file corruption?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Fri May 22 12:21:11 GMT 2009

Ok, thanks. Do you have any idea if a corruption that leaves the file
size intact is common or rare? What I could do is add the --checksum
option only once a week:

if [ `date +%a` = "Sat" ]; then
         OPT='-a --numeric-ids --delete --times --checksum'
else
         OPT='-a --numeric-ids --delete --times'
fi
rsync $OPT $HOME latest