rsync on OSX for transferring files using FAT32

Michael Lachmann lachmann at eva.mpg.de
Tue May 12 01:07:42 GMT 2009

2009/5/12 henri <henri at stmargarets.school.nz>:
> Which version of Mac OS X are you running? If you are on Mac OS 10.5.x then
> I can only suggest that you try either formating the drive to HFS+ or
> creating a disk image with an HFS+ file system.

This is on 10.5.2

Yes, I made an HFS+ partition, and things seem to work well. Faster, too.

I would still like to have the drive formated in FAT32, since I carry
it in a device (book reader) that only reads FAT partitions.... I
guess you can't win them all.

2009/5/12 henri <henri at stmargarets.school.nz>:

> Finally, consider whether the ACL data is important. If it is not important
> then, you could experiment with not preserving the ACL information by
> removing the appropriate flags.

Which flags should I use? I think ACL isn't important, but in general
extended attributes are. I think that things worked well without the
-X flag, but errors occur with -X.

thanks