Fwd: rsync on OSX for transferring files using FAT32

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Mon May 11 23:43:57 GMT 2009

Hi,

Which version of Mac OS X are you running? If you are on Mac OS 10.5.x
then I can only suggest that you try either formating the drive to HFS
+ or creating a disk image with an HFS+ file system.

If you are running Mac OS 10.4.x then ensure that that ACL support is
enabled on the drive. The following URL contains information on how to
check and enable ACL support : http://connect.homeunix.com/lbackup/access_control_lists

Finally, consider whether the ACL data is important. If it is not
important then, you could experiment with not preserving the ACL
information by removing the appropriate flags.

Also, I agree with the post from Veronica.

Hope this helps.