Needs suggestion in using --relative with "/./" feature in rsync 3.0.5

Jignesh Shah jignesh.shah1980 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 07:10:26 GMT 2009

Thats great !!! Thanks Wayne for you great reply. could you please also help
me to remove my fear in upgrading rsync 3.0.5.

We have been planning to upgrad rsync 3.0.5. I have some question on this so
that we will not screwed up the file systems. We have been using rsync 2.6.7
since long and we didn't have any major problems. I am wondering if we
upgrade rsync 3.0.5 then will it cause any unexpected behaviour then rsync
2.6.7? Can we directly upgrade it without any problems? It would be nice if
someone suggest anything that we need to care to be safe side.

Also I could see so many bug fixes after rsync 3.0.5 release. *Do I have to
patch all the bug fixes or its fine if I use only rsync 3.0.5?*

Thanks,
Jignesh