Needs suggestion in using --relative with "/./" feature in rsync 3.0.5

Jignesh Shah jignesh.shah1980 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:29:34 GMT 2009

Hi,

I came across --relative option in rsync 3.0.5 and that looks awesome option
through which we can avoid "CD" usage in base directory. Suppose I want to
sync the file from /foo/bar/baz/* to /tmp/bar/baz/ then we have been using
wrapper script that do "cd /tmp" before executing "rsync --relative
/bar/baz/. /tmp/" command. But I could see that we could avoid using our
wrapper script by using "/./" concept with --relative option. I just need to
execute "rsync --relative /foo/./bar/baz/. /tmp/".

Please let me know if above changes would work fine without any problems. Is
there anything that I might be missing? Any other suggestion would be really
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jignesh