is it possible to continue rsync after network interruption?

Larry Irwin mkitwrk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:29:46 GMT 2009

If you check the output and see that it failed, you can run the process
again and it will pick up (after re-building the lists) where it left off.
There is some overhead for the list rebuild and checking the hash's of the
previously updated files, but it is minimal.
This is the method I use to generate the initial image of a client
machine...
Just keep running the rsync process over and over until the first image is
completed.
Then the process reduces to a minimal transfer/execution time from that
point forward.
Especially when using the --link-dest option...

Hope that helps!
Larry Irwin