rsync questions

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Thu Mar 26 20:05:58 GMT 2009

You use '--exclude-from=/the/exclude/file'
and that file should look like he extract below

The following backs up all the users in my /home with the exceptions
listed in it.  The ones that have 'hjm' reference my home dir.  the
ones that have other users (hm/*) will completely skip those dirs.
the ones that have no user spec (*.o) will omit all obj files from
any subdir.

# use this command
# sudo rsync --exclude-from=/home/hjm/rsync.exclude  -av /home \
#    hjm at moon:/b/hjm/bongobak
hjm/.VirtualBox/*
hjm/.cx*
hjm/.cpan
hjm/code/*
hjm/nco_test/*
hjm/.kde/cache-bodi/http/*
hjm/.google/*
hjm/.googleearth/Cache/*
hjm/.thumbnails/*
hjm/nacs/osborne/gff*
hjm/nacs/2sigma/audio/*
hjm/.opera/cache4/*
hjm/.evolution/*
hjm/l_cc*
hjm/IDV*
hjm/code/SAS/*
hjm/SAS/*
hjm/.dods_cache/*
hjm/nco_bm/*
hjm/valgrind
hjm/.local/share/Trash/*
hjm/.ccache
hm/*
*.tmp
*.gff
*.chp
*.rpm
*.nc
*.o
*.rm
*.mov
*.deb
*out
*.iso

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, Rm 225, MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)